Provides a set of pre-defined mathematical equations that can be used to model a physics phenomenon.
Figure 1.: Equation node in Model Engineer visual editor
We currently support the following equations:
- Basic equations like dot, curl, normal gradient of a scalar
- Navier-Stokes equations for fluid flow
- Zero equation turbulence model
- Advection-diffusion equation
- Diffusion equation
- Wave equation
- Helmoltz equation
- Linear elasticity equations
- Linear elasticity plane stress equations
- Frequency domain Maxwell's equation
- Sommerfeld radiation condition
- Perfect Electric Conductor boundary condition
We're planning to add more equations in the future, but also we're working on implementating a way to include user-defined equations.
When clicking on the button (Fig. 2) the equations for each exposed component is displayed in the pop-up in LaTeX format (Fig. 3)
Figure 3.: Icon on the equation node acting as a button that triggers popup with equations in LaTeX format.
Figure 3.: LaTeX representation of every exposed component of the equation (Navier-Stoke equation in this case).